In this episode, Kirsten and Jeanne talks to Francois Lupien, a dynamic sales coach with experience working alongside industry legends like Tony Robbins, Stephen Covey, and Bob Proctor. His expertise is solving business problems through effective sales strategies.
1. Importance of Sales and Solving Problems:
– Discussing the misconception of sales being associated with pushy tactics.
– Emphasizing that sales is about solving someone’s problem and bridging the gap between their challenges and solutions.
– The core of business is providing solutions for profit, which benefits both parties.
2. The Role of Questions in Sales:
– Exploring the power of asking questions to understand the customer’s needs.
– Using the analogy of helping someone cross the street to illustrate effective questioning.
– Highlighting the difference between transactional exchanges and genuine service-oriented interactions.
3. Building Lasting Relationships through Service:
– Stressing the importance of a genuine desire to help and care for customers.
– Sharing insights on how serving instead of solely focusing on transactions leads to referrals and lasting relationships.
– Emphasizing ethical practices and honest recommendations even if they don’t immediately lead to a sale.
4. Long-Term Perspective in Sales:
– Discussing the value of long-term relationships in business, even if it takes time to see results.
– Sharing examples of clients who became loyal fans over time due to consistent genuine service.
– Advising entrepreneurs to approach sales with a relaxed and service-oriented mindset rather than a transactional focus.
5. When to Seek Sales Coaching:
– Addressing the timing for entrepreneurs to consider seeking sales coaching.
– Explaining that clients seek coaching at various stages, including when starting, leveling up, or facing challenges.
– Highlighting the benefits of introspection and asking the right questions to identify hidden challenges.
6. Attracting Success Instead of Chasing Money:
– Sharing wisdom from mentor Bob Proctor about focusing on attracting success instead of chasing money.
– Illustrating how a mindset shift can lead to greater abundance and prosperity.
– Emphasizing the connection between serving others and achieving financial success.
Francois Lupien’s insights shed light on the true nature of sales as a service-oriented practice. By focusing on solving problems, asking meaningful questions, and fostering genuine relationships, entrepreneurs can transform their sales approach into a powerful tool for long-term success. Remember, sales is about serving, not chasing.